Tile Adhesive Polybit CM 16
- Product Scope
- Application Guide
- Data Sheet
Flexible Tile Adhesive for Indoor and Outdoor Areas
Polybit CM 16 is a Flexible thin-bed adhesive mortar for laying ceramic tile coverings and slabs on critical substrates.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor areas
- Easy to apply in balconies, patios and permanently wet areas (domestic + public) indoor and outdoor
- Flexible - polymer modified
- Resistant over underfloor heating
- Recommended for ceramic tiles (glazed & terracotta), vitrified tiles, porcelain tiles, mosaic tiles and natural stones like granite, sand stone, marble (for light colour natural stone white adhesive recommended).
Polybit CM 16 is a tile adhesive for fixing tiles on:
- Cement and cement-lime plasters, cement screeds, cement ground coats, concrete substrates
- Light weight AAC blocks / concrete block
- cement boards and sound deadening panels
- gypsum and anhydrite substrates (inside)
- Wet areas (with periodic water penetration) e.g. bathrooms, kitchens, toilets
- Utility rooms as cellars, storerooms, drying rooms, corridors, stairs, anterooms, living rooms, parking, balconies, terraces.
- on deformable substrates such as: primed plasterboards, wood chip-boards, heated floors, large tiles (<0.36 m²) and higher loads
- on Polybit flexible sealing materials like Polyflex
Step by Step
Pour Polybit CM 16 into the precisely measured amount of clean water (7.5 – 8.5 L) and mix with a drill and mixer until a homogenous mass without lumps is reached. Leave for 2 min. and then mix again. Apply the mortar with a suitable notched trowel. For indoor use, the mortar coverage (wetting) on the tile backside must be at least 65%. The floating-buttering method shall be used for larger tiles and for outdoor applications (i.e. additionally a thin layer of the mortar should be spread on the tile’s backside, wetting equal or more than 90%). Place the tiles only during the open time of the adhesive. Do not lay tiles butt jointed! Fresh excess mortar can be removed with water; hardened material can only be removed. Grouting on the wall can be done after 8 hours and after 24 hours in floor using Polybit grouts. Walkability is reached after 24 hours. Expansion joints, joints at the corners of walls and floor and around sanitary equipment shall be filled with silicone sealant.
4 - 5 sqm / bag
Use Water. approx. 7.5 – 8.5L of water for 25kg of powder
Colour and Quantity
Grey & White in 25kg bags.
Initial maturing time - Approx. 2min
Pot life - >1hr
Application thickness - 3 to 10mm
Open time - Approx 20min
The information in this document is given to the best of Polybit's knowledge, based on laboratory testing and practical experience. Polybit's products are considered as semi-finished goods and as such, products are often used under conditions beyond Polybit's control. Polybit cannot guarantee anything but the quality of the product itself.