Ceresit Tile Adhesive CM 11 | Polybit
- Product Scope
- Application Guide
- Data Sheet
Tile Adhesive for Indoor and Outdoor Areas
Polybit CM 11 is a classic cement-based tile adhesive for laying ceramic tiles and slabs with a profiled back indoors.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor areas
- Non-slip formula, perfect for walls
- Adapted for wet areas applications
- Perfect for ceramic tiles (glazed & terracotta), vitrified tiles, porcelain tiles, mosaic tiles and natural stones like granite and sand stone
Polybit CM 11 is a low-emission Leed designed tile adhesive for fixing tiles on:
- Cement and cement-lime plasters, cement screeds, cement ground coats, concrete substrates
- Light weight AAC blocks / concrete block
- Wet areas (with periodic water penetration) e.g. bathrooms, kitchens, toilets
- Utility rooms as cellars, storerooms, drying rooms, corridors, stairs, anterooms, living rooms
- Excellent for all common indoor and exterior applications
- Perfect for ceramic tiles (glazed, terracotta), porcelain tiles, mosaic tiles
Polybit CM 11 SHOULD NOT be used on deformable substrates such as: primed plasterboards, wood chip-boards, heated floors, large tiles for walls, higher loads and on top of Polybit flexible sealing materials like Polyflex. Alternatively under the above cases Polybit CM16 should be used.
Step by Step
Pour Polybit CM 11 into the precisely measured amount of clean water (6L to 6.5L for 25kg bag) and mix with a drill and mixer until a homogenous mass without lumps is reached. Leave for 2 min. and then mix again. Apply the mortar with a suitable notched trowel. For indoor use, the mortar coverage (wetting) on the tile backside must be at least 65%. The floating-buttering method shall be used for larger tiles and for outdoor applications (i.e. additionally a thin layer of the mortar should be spread on the tile’s backside, wetting equal or more than 90%). Place the tiles only during the open time of the adhesive. Do not lay tiles butt jointed! Fresh excess mortar can be removed with water; hardened material can only be removed mechanically. Grouting on the wall can be done after 8 hours and after 24 hours in floor using Polybit grouts. Walkability is reached after 24 hours. Expansion joints, joints at the corners of walls and floor and around sanitary equipment shall be filled with silicone sealant.
4 - 5 sqm / bag
Use Water. 5.0 to 6.0L water per 25 kg bag
Colour and Quantity
Grey & White in 25kg bags.
Initial maturing time - Approx. 2min
Pot life - >1hr
Application thickness - 3 to 10mm
Open time - Approx 20min
The information in this document is given to the best of Polybit's knowledge, based on laboratory testing and practical experience. Polybit's products are considered as semi-finished goods and as such, products are often used under conditions beyond Polybit's control. Polybit cannot guarantee anything but the quality of the product itself.