PU Sanding Sealer #1342 + Catalyst #34
PU SANDING SEALER #1342 SP is a polyurethane lacquer sealer based on poly-functional saturated polyesters. A two-component material with high covering power, elasticity and sanding characteristics because of the excellent quality of raw materials, it does give a covering film of great transparency and requires minimum coat.
Major Uses : Best for furniture, office tables, shelves, turned pieces, cabinets and all wood works.
CHARACTERISTICS & PHYSICAL PROPERTIES :
Appearance – Opalescent
Specific Gravity – 0.980 kg/L
Viscosity @ 25ºC – 45 – 60” FC # 4
Flash Point – 25ºC
Non-Volatile (Wt.%) – Base 45.0
Catalyst – 27.5
Application condition – Air temperature 5 – 35ºC, Relative Humidity 85% max
Application Method – Conventional, Auto Spray or Curtain Coater
Recommended Catalyst – Catalyst #034
Thinner – PU Thinner #105
Mixing ratio – Base 100, Cat. 50
Thinner – 25-30
Pot life @ 25ºC – 3 – 4 hrs.
VOC – 605g/L
Drying time – Dust-free 15 – 20 minutes, To Touch 35 – 45 minutes, Sandable 1 – 2 hours, Hard 24- 36 hours
Coverage – 6 – 8 m2/L
Recoating – Minimum 30 min – max 3 hours medium sanding with 240/360 grit sandpaper is recommended before subsequent coat.
SURFACE PREPARATION :
Prepare the surface to be painted with a manual or automatic sanding machine.
- Apply the required dye or stain (optional).
- Apply 1-2 coat of PU Sanding Sealer #1342 SP with catalyst, vertically and horizontally.
- After the primed coat gets dried, sand it with medium sandpaper up to the extent not to damage the substrate.
- If required, apply putty filler on nail holes, cracks and joints.
- Apply 1-2 coats of PU Sanding Sealer #1342 SP prior to the final top coating.
- When applied on a curtain coater, the coating weight and viscosity should be carefully checked from the start and re-checked when lacquer and thinner is added to the feeding tank.