- Product Scope
- Application Guide
- Data Sheet
Two part acrylic modified cementitious waterproofing coating
Polyflex is a two part acrylic modified cementitious coating for protecting concrete structures against water, vapor, ingress of chloride ions, attacks of acidic gases and alkalis. It cures to form a tough flexible coating having excellent waterproofing properties. Polyflex is a blend of cement, selected fillers, polymers and graded silica sand which is in the powder form. The liquid contains acrylic co-polymers and wetting agents.
- Good flexibility. Thermal co-efficient of expansion similar to that of concrete
- Good adhesion to both, porous and non porous surfaces
- Good mechanical properties
- Suitable for light pedestrian traffic
- Excellent durability to long term weathering effect and UV
- Non toxic, therefore suitable for use in potable water applications
- Resistant to carbon dioxide and chloride ion diffusion
Polyflex is a two part acrylic modified cementitious coating which can be used as a waterproofing and protective coating for the following structures:
- Pile heads
- Internal lining for potable water reservoirs and other water retaining structures
- protection of exposed concrete structures like bridge decks against carbonation and chloride attack
- inverted roofs, lift and inspection pits, swimming pools, spillways
- backing on marbles and granites to prevent the ingress of moisture – general construction waterproofing
- wet area (bathroom, kitchen, balcony, swimming pool and other features
- moisture vapor barrier on facade damp proofing
Step by Step
The application temperature should be between 5°C to 45°C. Application procedures may vary slightly depending upon site conditions. The general recommended guidelines for the application of the coating system is as follows:
The surface must be structurally sound and free of oil, grease, dust and other contaminants which will affect the bonding. Any structural cracks and potholes shall be repaired with a suitable repair mortar from the Polycrete range of repair mortars. The surface to be treated should be pre-saturated with water prior to application. However, any standing water shall be removed prior to application.
Polyflex is supplied in two pre-measured parts which just requires on site mixing. Do not mix more material than that can be used within the pot life. Part mixing can be carried out by mixing 3 parts of powder with 1 part of liquid (by weight). Pour the liquid into a suitable container and slowly add the powder to the liquid. Mix the contents using a slow speed drill (300-400rpm) fitted to a proprietary paddle mixer till a homogenous, lump free and creamy consistency is achieved. DO NOT ADD WATER TO DILUTE THE MATERIAL.
It is recommended to apply Polyflex in two coats to provide a minimum thickness of 2mm for heavily trafficked areas and water retaining structures. Each coat shall be applied @1.8 kg/m2 which will give a dry film thickness of 1mm. The coating can be applied with a stiff brush or by an airless spray of nozzle size of 3-4mm and a pressure of 6-7 bar. After the application of the first coat and whilst the coating is still wet, embed a glass fibre mesh at all corners and other joints for added reinforcement. The second coat shall be applied after the first coat dries off completely (6-8 hours @25°C, 50% RH). For general waterproofing and protection against carbonation and alkali attacks, the coating can be applied in 1mm thickness.
1.8kg per m2 per coat for 1mm dry film thickness.
(approx 5-6sqm per 20kg set when applied 2 coats)
Ready to use
Colour and Quantity
Grey & Off-White in 20kg kit (15kg bag + 5L pail)
The information in this document is given to the best of Polybit's knowledge, based on laboratory testing and practical experience. Polybit's products are considered as semi-finished goods and as such, products are often used under conditions beyond Polybit's control. Polybit cannot guarantee anything but the quality of the product itself.