Fischer Advanced Plasterboard Fixing - Metal GKM
- Data Sheet
The fischer gypsum plasterboard fixing GKM is made of metal. When in pre-positioned installation, the plug is screwed in either manually or with a cordless screwdriver so that it is flush to the surface in gypsum plasterboard. No pre-drilling is required with single planked gypsum plasterboard panels. With gypsum fibreboard and double-planked gypsum plasterboard panels pre-drilling should take place with a Ø 8 mm drill. The fischer GKM can hold wood, self-tapping, and chipboard screws between 4 and 5 mm thick as well as various hooks and eyes. It is therefore universally suitable for quickly and safely mounting lights, electrical installations, and interior accessories.
1. The GKM is suitable for pre-positioned installation.
2. The self-tapping metal fixing GKM taps itself into the plasterboard with a positive fit.
3. Flush installation in the board building material. Overtightening the fixing should be avoided. Therefore, the installation torque should be limited when using a battery operated screwdriver.
4. Adapted for wood, self-tapping and chipboard screws of 4.0 to 5.0 mm diameter.
5. Pre-drill with a Ø 8 mm drill bit when using gypsum fiberboard and double- planked gypsum plasterboard.
6. Not suitable for tiled plasterboard.
3. Electrical installations
4. Fitting accessories
1. Due to its material properties, the GKM can be used in gypsum plasterboard and gypsum fibreboard, and can be used with the most wide-ranging screws, hooks and eye screws. This allows for a broad range of applications.
2. The sharp, self-tapping thread enables a secure, positive fit fixing. This achieves a high load-bearing capacity.
3. The cross-drive recess means that a standard screwdriver or bit can be used. No special setting tool is required.
4. The short fixing length means that only a small amount of space is required behind the board. As a result, the GKM can also be used in the case of unknown board thickness and cavity depth.