PU Semigloss White #1070 + Catalyst #13
PU SEMIGLOSS #1070 WHITE is a polyurethane material based on saturated polyester resin. It is formulated to give maximum whiteness, thanks to the high quality of raw material. Furthermore, PU SEMIGLOSS #1070 WHITE is resistant to both extreme weather with no – yellowing effect, resistant to abrasion and provides a very smooth finish.
Major Uses : Highly recommended to all woodworks, furniture such as beds, cabinets, chairs, sofas, doors, and frames, turned pieces and the likes.
CHARACTERISTICS & PHYSICAL PROPERTIES :
Appearance – Semi-gloss
Colour – White
Specific Gravity – 1.23 +/- 0.2 kg/L
Viscosity – 40 – 60” FC # 4 @ 25ºC
Flash Point – 21ºC
Non-volatile – 63%
Gloss (60ºC) – 40 – 60
Application Condition – Air temperature 5 – 35ºC, Relative Humidity 85% max.
Application Method – Auto or Conventional Spray
Recommended Catalyst – Catalyst #013
Thinner – Thinner #105 (Standard), Thinner #205 (Summer)
Mixing Ratio – Base 100, Cat. 50
Thinner – 20-25
Pot Life – 3 – 4 hours @ 25ºC
Coating Rate – 6 – 8 m2/L
Basecoat – PU Primer #153, Plastofil #350
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
- The surface to be top coated should be primed with either polyurethane primer or polyester primer white.
- It should be cleaned, well-sanded and free from dust, oil, water, and other contaminants to ensure a long-lasting effect.
- For cracks, crates and nail holes, it is advisable to fill with either Putty filler, Putty white #2185 or Polyester putty.
- Apply 1 – 2 coats of PU SEMIGLOSS #1070 WHITE horizontally and vertically.
- One coat may be sufficient for an ordinary finish, however; one additional coat can be applied wet on wet if necessary. Light sanding with 400-600 grit sandpaper is recommended before subsequent coats when recoating time exceeds 3 hrs.