Henkel Polyprime SB
Solvent Based Bitumen Primer
Polyprime SB is a quick drying solvent based low viscosity bitumen primer. It is used as a primer coat on masonry and concrete substrates to improve the adhesion of bitumen based membranes and coatings. Polyprime SB is low in viscosity, which allows it to penetrate into the concrete pores and improve the adhesion between the membrane and the concrete surface. In addition to that, the primer also acts as a binder for the dust particles which gets accumulated on the concrete surface even after cleaning.
- Improves the adhesion between bitumen based sheet membranes and coatings
- Cold applied, does not require heating
- Binder for dust particles
- Anti corrosive
- Conforms to the following standards
- ASTM D 41 - Asphalt primer for roofing, damp Proofing and waterproofing
- BS 3416, Type A Class C - Bitumen based coatings for cold application, suitable for use in contact with potable water.
The surface shall be cleaned thoroughly of all contaminants like dust, traces of curing compound, oil and grease. All surface imperfections, nail head protrusions, structurally unsound and friable concrete shall be removed and repaired with a suit-able Polycrete* concrete repair mortar. The surface must be dry before priming with Polyprime SB.
Mix the contents of the pail or drum for a few minutes to remove any sediments. Apply the primer @4-6 m²/L to a clean smooth and dry surface by brush/roller. Allow the primer to dry prior to the application of the membrane. For highly porous surfaces application of a second coat is recommended.
The coating shall be protected from ongoing site activities and during backfilling from getting damaged by a 150 micron polyethylene sheet.